Submitting via Email
Please email your submissions to email@example.com. Use the subject line: The Corridor Review Submission.
Submissions will be reviewed twice a year for a Spring-Summer and Fall-Winter publication. Spring-Summer submissions are due May 30, 2016. Fall-Winter submissions are due November 30, 2016.
Simultaneous vs. Multiple Submissions
We will accept 3 submissions per writer per reading period. Simultaneous submissions to other journals are fine as long as they are identified as such and we are notified immediately upon acceptance elsewhere for legal purposes.
- Typed pages.
- No hard copy submissions, please
- Fiction and nonfiction: Less than 6,000 words. Excerpts of longer works are welcome if self-contained and we can link to a site where you have posted the longer piece.
- Poetry: Submit 1-5 pages at a time.
- Flash fiction is encouraged!
- We will accept photo journalism and stories but make sure you send the photo files in high resolution format.
- We will accept essays, but only on topics of art, culture and lifestyle. And we will accept your recipes!
Notifications and Queries
Submissions for the Spring-Summer issue are due May 30.
You can begin submitting pieces for the Fall-Winter issue immediately after the May 30 deadline has passed. Submissions for the Fall-Winter issue are due November 30.
We’re sorry we can’t pay you at this time. We are willing to post and promote links to your own personal blogs and publications will do everything in our power to promote your work at this stage.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ve created this site as a platform to share the things we enjoy with people of Eastern Iowa. We hope others will share their passions, too! If you would like to write an article for the blog about something in the arts and culture world that interests you, pitch it to us at: email@example.com